November 24, 2009

In this moment

I kind of wish I were going home for Thanksgiving.

And by "kind of" I mean, "shoot-dang this blows that I'm out here."

MG just left to head up to Maryland to see her mom and family.

Megan left on Sunday for California for a ThankfulChristmas.

And I'm here. In Durham, all alone.

Except I'm not that sad. Just kind of alone.

You know?

I think I might go see friends in Greensboro for Thanksgiving. They're friends from my childhood, so it would be really great to see them and have that taste of home.

I'm also working, so it's not like I'm just sitting on my couch eating a box of stuffing watching Lifetime television. That was so 2008. This is 2009. If I end up alone, I'm going all out and renting movies from the RedBox.

And if I feel lonely I'll just remember this:


Yup. Exactly. Just a few short weeks until I'm with the family for a long visit.

And you know what I can't wait for (besides hugs from my mom and dad)?

Seeing the sunset. You don't get a lot of sunset when there are trees in the way.

1 comment :

  1. Wish you were here too! Remember if you aren't here you don't have to help me clean & cook! Love you!

    ReplyDelete