August 11, 2009

Failure

I'm kind of a crafty person. It's one of those things, I might have a bit of pride about. ( :

But sometimes I also fail. I have this *idea* in my head and then I begin to create...and the result is...awful.

Like this shirt:


Eww.

The colors are too bright. The circles too bubbly. The pink all bubble-gum pink. It's just all wrong. WRONG I SAY.

What was I thinking? Would anyone wear this? Anyone? (Oh, and I finished it and those colors go up the entire side of the shirt, so it's not just the few circles you see there, they're all over, I'm just too ashamed to post a picture. Who am I kidding? I'm too lazy to take a picture of my failure.)

However, it was a learning experience. I knew that I wanted to paint on some fabric so I found this fabric medium that you mix 50-50 with acrylic paint (of which I already owned plenty) to create your fabric paint. It worked fantastically. I like that the texture is a soft paint rather than the crunchy, stiff result you get from most fabric paints and you can really saturate the color until what you get when you use fabric markers.

Some day I'm going to take it on again.

I like being crafty.

Just so you know that I don't think I fail at life (ha!) I have done crafts that I like:

Megan found these windows at The Scrap Exchange and I bought them for $8.00. I think one of the best things about using acrylics on glass is that when you get tired of it you can just scraaaaape it off and start over.


I love hats. Especially really feminine ones with flowers. The one on the left was a Christmas present for Maggie and I wear the one on the right (when it's cold).


Words...words...words...words.

I can't choose a medium. I like to paint, sew, crochet, knit and basically make a mess before seeing what comes out! Yay!

Do you have a crafty streak? Anything you'd like to share?

1 comment :

  1. I LIKE you being crafty.

    What if: you turned the t-shirt into a pillow? and anything that happens when you learn is a good thing.

    Wonderment.

    I really want to look at that hat in real life...

    ReplyDelete