February 4, 2010

Etsy is the new Macy's

I made my first Etsy purchase.

I love it.

See, I wanted this camera bag:
 
My brother tried to get it for me for Christmas. I asked for it specifically. It's nice, but it's not exactly...me. Needless to say, he ordered it and it came up as "out of stock." So, I received money for the bag once it was back in stock on Amazon.

After I got back from Christmas, I was doing some aimless searching on Etsy and just happened to think of looking up camera bags.

Then I fell in love. With a bag. I'm not sure it's love. Perhaps lust. Give me a few more weeks of using it and I'll let you know for sure.

I customized. I ordered. I waited. And waited. And waited. (When someone is making something specifically for you it takes awhile.) And waited. And then Tuesday, it arrived.

So cute!
Look at those owls! Owls are very popular right now. I don't know if you've noticed.
Judy makes these bags in her home in Arkansas and I think they are so unique! They're padded and have a stiff bottom to protect your camera. You just let Judy know exactly what you want and then she makes it just for you. See, I wanted a large sized bag in a small sized bag's design. So she customized that for me. And I didn't want four lens snugglers. I only wanted two. And I wanted a big pocket across the back to replace the other two. Judy hooked me up. The quality is phenomenal.

And now, it could grow to be love.

Check out Judy's Etsy site: http://snugglens.com/

Have you been on Etsy yet? What have you found? What have you purchased? Sometimes I'm hesitant to buy home-made things that I can't see in person. Everyone's taste level is a bit different, and I like to see and hold and inspect what I'm getting. I love looking through the jewelry, clothes, baby stuff, art, invitations, quirky stuff though. It's like heading to an art fair on my computer.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment