February 22, 2010

Day Five: Hawaii

I'm in a rush. I have to get down to the beach. It's already 10:07am.

And I was exhausted last night, so I didn't blog. Nor did I edit pictures.

I only did a few.

The day started off cloudy in Kailua, but then as we drove around the island the clouds cleared and we were surrounded by rainbows. Did you know that when you get to the end of a rainbow it just keeps moving? Just a step out of reach.
Then we went to Hanauma Bay which has a reputation of being a tourist trap. Here's the deal though: tourist trap or not, it was AMAZING!!!!

I went snorkeling for the first time and saw tons of fish! This is a big coral reef and they rent equipment, but the cost just to go in if you have your own equipment is $7.50. Which I would have spent triple that for the awesome day I had.
 
  
We made sure we got there early to avoid the crowds as much as possible. Our 7:00 start time was early, but it was completely worth it! 

 
Then we hung around on the west side of the island in Hawaii Kai and Honolulu so I could watch the sunset. I'm a very demanding person.  And we may have stopped at Starbucks so I could get a grande light peppermint mocha frappucino double blended. I think when I ordered it Sarah gave me a strange look. I just don't understand. My order is not that complicated. 

And the day ended with this:
 
Yeah, I know. Gorgeous!  And I think I have about 50 more pictures like this which I will share some other time. 

I hear the beach calling my name!

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment