July 30, 2009

Original?

On my way home last Saturday I stayed with one of my girls from college, Rach McF. Or Rachel to everyone else in this world.

Yup. She's an apple pi, and a Hot Nut (don't ask) and HILARIOUS.

So, her funny plus my attempt at funny equals two LOUD, DISRUPTIVE women.

That's just how we roll.

We went to the Original Pancake House in Fisher, IN. I think I've seen eleventy-billion Original Pancake Houses in my lifetime. Plus this one was in a new strip-mall-ish thing. That doesn't seem too Original to me...OR House-like for that matter.

Why? Why must you use the word "Original"? Why can't you just be a Pancake House?

Rachel had the chocolate chip pancakes. I believe her exact quote was "I want to get the chocolate chip pancakes, but if they don't have peanut butter, I'm going to need another option."

They had peanut butter. Have you had pancakes with peanut butter and syrup on them before? Is that a Brethren church camp thing? It is literally, steps from heaven. Steps.

I had buttermilk pancakes and scrambled eggs. I love scrambled eggs.

Please take note of my crazy hair. This is because of my tragic hair cut which has yet to be fixed.

The pancakes were yummy. So were the eggs.

See? I cleaned my plate.


Seriously, I love this girl like...whoa.

4 comments :

  1. I have problems with there being a cross contamination of eggs and syrup.

    But major props on the ketchup with the eggs. (major).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I have a little, teeny-tiny bit of OCD when it comes to eating. I only eat one thing at a time. No separate meal foods mix in my mouth or on my plate.

    Therefore, I ate this meal like this: eggs with catchup finish that then apply syrup to pancakes and eat carefully avoiding any catchup mixing in with what is going in my mouth.

    Does that make you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite.

    And I LOVE how we are not talking about food today.

    Coincidentally, when i went to visit Joe, we ate at a Pancake House. (no original, no international, just a plain A-Frame Campy place.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do Pancakes and Waffles need houses anyway? Waffle House, Pancake House, International House of Pancakes? Why can't there be a Pancake Store? A Waffle Emporium?

    Also, I'm watching Man vs. Food, and I loveeeee it! He's walking up the stairs in the Sears Tower. What an idiot. Kinda. He's adorable though.

    ReplyDelete