June 11, 2009

Work Pet Peeves

1. I open the mail, yes, it's lame, but someone has to do it and that someone is moi. When I open a request and it asks for a number with a blank next to it, don't write in "don't remember" or "I don't know". If you just left it blank so I could fill it in, don't you think I would assume these things? When the space is left blank, I don't think "Suzy Joe Schmoe must remember her ID number and is just leaving it blank to be a pain in my ass." I think, "Oh, this person must not know their ID number." because that is logical.

2. When you call a large institution you're not going to go directly to the person you need to talk to. Expect to be transferred several times. Also, STOP TELLING ME STORIES THAT ARE 5 MINUTES LONG. It's not that I don't care, it's that I can't help you because I'm obviously the first person answering the phone and therefore low-man (woman) on the totem pole.

3. Don't take personal calls at work. If you do, do it with discretion and keep it short. I don't want to hear about your memories, sex life, or other details that are just TOO MUCH INFORMATION. This is work, let's keep it professional. (I say this knowing that I'm a complete and total hypocrite as I blog at work.)

4. Parents, why are you calling to help when your child register for GRADUATE SCHOOL classes? Your child is an adult. Cut the apron strings. Find a hobby. Stop babying him/her.

2 comments :

  1. The difference between blogging and phone chatting is that people can't overhear you blogging. No worries. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk to the hubby at work. We say "I love you" a lot and my co-workers make fun of me. Farmer T.

    ReplyDelete