June 6, 2009

Saturday Morning

This morning I woke up and headed down to the Durham Farmer's Market to get some yummy produce for the week.


I love the Farmer's Market. For a couple of reasons:

1. Fruit, veggies, flowers:




2. People:


They apparently have a free outdoor yoga class on Saturday mornings at 9:00am at the Farmer's Market. I am not a yoga person. See that woman kneeling in the white t-shirt? She just finished checking her voicemail while everyone else was wrapped up like a pretzel transitioning to this standing position. That would be me.


This man played his accordion and small children danced and played in the grass around him. Of course I can't resist watching them, which only fed my baby-snatching tendencies. Don't worry no children were harmed.

After wandering around a bit I came home with just a few items:

mmmm...tomatoes, lately I've been eating them as frequently as possible. The best way, in my opinion, is my budget version of Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella: diced fresh tomatoes on a bed of cottage cheese with basil, black pepper, salt, a touch of sugar and balsamic vinegar. DELICIOUS. You should try it and let me know what you think.


I don't know what I'm going to do with this cucumber and these zucchinis. Any suggestions?


I know exactly how I'm going to enjoy these berries. Fresh, sweet, devine; they don't even need any sugar.

Hank likes them too:

2 comments :

  1. Amy. This is beautiful. It looks like the Pioneer Woman with all these gorgeous pictures.

    I'll find you a recipe for spicy cucumber salad, Chinese style. It is delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you boil the zucchini whole for about five to ten minutes (til they are soft, but not mushy), then slice them lengthwise, you can use a spoon to remove the inside, like a long, boat bowl (but be sure to leave plenty of delicious zucchini)... Mix feta and bread crumbs and balsamic vinegar and olives and red pepper (roasted or fresh) and oil and crushed red pepper and an herb or two of choice (I like basil and parsley), and place the mixture inside the boats. Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes or so til the top of the bread crumb mixture is browned, then enjoy! FAB!

    ReplyDelete