June 9, 2009

I'm avoiding

Currently I'm practicing my procrastination skills. Sometimes you just need to put forth a little effort in avoidance so that the label "PROCRASTINATOR" doesn't get rusty.

Right now I'm avoiding:
1. Business Plan
2. Doing research for said Business Plan
3. Writing up my sequences
4. e-mailing our apartment leasing company
5. Did I mention my Business Plan?

Since, 4 out of 5 of this list revolve around school, I'm going to tell you about Body Therapy Institute where I go to school.


It's on a 64 acre farm in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere being near Silk Hope and Siler City, North Carolina. It takes me 45 minutes to get out here.


The first time I went out for my visit and interview, I'd been in North Carolina for two days. Maybe less. It took me 3 hours to get there. My sense of direction has gone to pot since I moved out here where trees are in the way of the horizon.


My classmates are all sorts of ages. From right out of high school to second career mothers, to teachers and musicians. We're eclectic and I like it.

We have classes in technique, business (I may have mentioned this earlier), ethics, somatic psychology, anatomy and physiology, and on personal integration.

We spend most of our time with these folks. Bonnie, Beverly and John. They are our technique teachers and are pretty amazing therapists. Patricia is sitting on the table and she's like our counselor...she lets us know when we need to get our assignments in and keeps us on our game. She's lovely.

So the grounds have a pond and fields and walking paths and they're just beautiful, peaceful and serene (except on A&P nights). They also have magnolia trees...

which make me want to pick a flower and be Billie Holiday.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment