June 6, 2009

Celebrations

It's birthday season! At least that's what it feels like. I think I have at least 5 friends who have birthdays in the next week. Crazy, all your parents were getting it on in September however many years ago. That is, if you weren't early or late. Oh dear, I'm digressing.

Well, my friend, Christina celebrated her birthday tonight.


Here she is channeling Oliver Twist...please sir, may I have some more?
(OK, so I forgot to take my camera out of my purse at dinner and had to pull out an old photo.)

She loves the blog world as much (more?) as I do and introduced me to my RSS feed capabilities. I will never be the same. She loves all the cooking blogs and does her fair share of baking. However due to unforeseen circumstances, Christina couldn't bake a cake to share with her friends. So, I offered, knowing a store-bought version just isn't the same.

I headed over to Deb at Smitten Kitchen and found this beauty.


http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

mmmmm....looks good.

I made a smaller cake, since there weren't going to be that many of us at dinner, and then used the extra batter to make some cupcakes for easy sharing with my friends.






This cake was kind of like delicious overload. The chocolate cake itself was moist and not terribly crazy rich, the peanut butter cream cheese icing (frosting? what's the difference? maybe I'll do some research and get back to you on that one) is my new favorite thing, and although the glaze was a bit dark for my taste, it did compliment the cake well. I might do a thinner layer of the glaze next time. Because there will be a next time...I'm thinking my older brother, Dave's, birthday in July.

After dinner and dessert Christina and I headed over to the movie theater to check out Pixar/Disney's new movie UP! This movie is adorable. The detail was INCREDIBLE, every thread was visible on the clothing. The story was precious.



Hello adventure.

Hello life.

Hello letting people inch their way into our lives and being better for it.

I cried.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment