June 3, 2009

I am not a professional

I'm not a professional anything. Nothing. Nada, zippo, zilch. Someday I would like to be a professional something, but I don't know what yet, so I will keep on, keeping on living my life of mediocrity.

I don't think that education qualifies you as a professional. I have met way to many people who have a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD and still can't actually communicate what they actually studied. Life is more than tests, people. I've also worked with (for) people who could be called "professional" but either stood for nothing within their position or stood so firmly everything crumbled around them. I definitely don't want to be those people. I'm getting ready to finish up massage therapy school. Will I be a professional massage therapist when I obtain my license? Ummm...I hesitate to say yes. I don't think I'll have enough experience to be a "professional," just the education and credentials.

I also know people who don't even LIKE what they do for a living, let alone love it. UGH. How horrible is that? I know, I know you do what you've got to do to pay the bills, but I'm making some other sacrifices before I spend years and years of my life miserable because I have to work somewhere where I'm unhappy.

Perhaps this is all coming from fear. Believe me, growing up makes me what to start throwing up. Not all of it, but the whole work-professional-vocation thing. Eek!

Instead I will wander through life incognito.


The mustache totally had you fooled, right?

Things I do well:
1. I can identify, locate and massage your psoas. Be afraid.
2. I can bake like nobody's business.
3. I can sing really high notes. (and most of the time it doesn't sound that horrible...)
4. I can do laundry.
5. I can type without looking at my fingers, but I am a loud typer. More than one person has told me this.

So, I'm pursuing vocation, professionalism and work. But, mostly, I'm living this life I was blessed enough to receive.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment