July 11, 2011

In other non-news

This is my 400th post! Wow! I can't believe I've actually pushed the "Publish" button 400 times! [If we're being honest, I've probably clicked it waaaay more than that because I'll publish then find a mistake, edit, publish again, find a typo, edit, publish again, remember something that I forgot, edit, publish again, find a typo, edit, publish again, on and on and on and on....]

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for being awesome.
Thanks for laughing at me.
And with me.
--------------------------------------------

I love Sonic in the summer.
Summer!
My drink of choice is a strawberry limeade slush.
-------------------------------------------

I had a conversation with my dad this week, it went something like this:

Me: I want some tools.
Dad: Oh, really?
Me: Yup, so you can start shopping for my birthday now. I think I want a nice cordless drill.
Dad: Well, a nice cordless drill will cost you about $400 [I have no idea the actual amount he said, but it was  definitely a lot more than I was expecting.]
Me: Maybe I just want an average cordless drill.
Dad: Do you really think you want tools? For what?
Me: Home improvement! I'm learning all kinds of skills.
Dad: What home are you improving? You're not going to settle down for at least 5-6 more years. You'll have to haul all that around with you when you move.

Touche, Dad, touche.
------------------------------------------

Although, you never know what the future holds.
------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure I used "touche" correctly up there, but I know it needs an accent and I don't know how to do that. Assistance por favor?
------------------------------------------

I miss Hank.
Hank
He's in Chicago for the summer being a pain in Michelle's buttocks.

I wish I could figure out how to record the voicemail she sent me the other night of him yowling. He doesn't really meow, he yowls. It makes me giggle. He's a high-maintenance cat. How did that happen?
-----------------------------------------

Speaking of Hank and Michelle, facebook conversation:
Hopefully, if you click that it will get big enough to read. If not, you should be my facebook friend and then you could just read it. (-:
-----------------------------------------

I miss being crafty.
DSC_7503.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
----------------------------------------

You may or may not have noticed, but on July 15th at 12:00 am the final Harry Potter movie will be showing at theaters all over. 

I didn't do a countdown. 

You can click on the HP Countdown link if you want to reminisce though.
---------------------------------------

I get a Story People email everyday. Sometimes it's weird. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it resonates so loudly I think about it all day.

Here are recent favorites:



LOVE THIS LAST ONE. 


----------------------------------------
I heard this song today on Pandora.
Anna Vandas, What Is [There's not a direct link I can find, so you have to go down and click on What Is. DO IT.]
I like it.

--------------------------------------
My butt is sleeping because I have been sitting at Starbucks for way too long. Having internet one day a week [not including phone time] is different.

signature2.jpg

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment