March 24, 2014

GYST - 4. Work

This is part of my 2014 non-resolution-resolution to Get Your (my) Shit Together
I think I should probably call it my "Life Plan," but the 12-months of 2014 
seems more manageable than say, oh, the next 50 years.

Today I got a job.



I thought about making that the entire post but that seems like it's cheating. Is it cheating? Do you actually care to know more? It's relatively boring, trust me.

The details are...I quit working last July when all the information we were getting about nursing school basically said "don't plan on werkin' because you'll be twerkin.'" jk, y'all. It did say "don't plan on working" and I took that to mean AT ALL and I up and quit my job and said goodbye to my clients and took up permanent [i.e. weekends too] residence in the great city of Indianapolis.

Then when we started school, all these school people were like "where do you work?" Uh. What? Did I misinterpret what I read before when I was reading all the things you were sending because I'm pretty sure I accidentally got into nursing school and I want to make sure I'm familiar with the kicking-out success policy.

Truth.

All in all, I wanted a nursing job. A variety of student jobs are available at hospitals around this city, but do you know how difficult it is to land said job? Freakin' hard. I want that nursing job. Oh, Ego, how you tease and torment me! Except I haven't/didn't get any of those, so it's basically time to have some income.

I reminded myself why I went to massage school in the first place [granted, my reasons and the benefits of massage grew and expanded in ways I didn't even fathom when I started, so this reason became less of a reason in my non-student life] which was: To have a part-time job that will pay a significant enough hourly wage that I don't have to work a bajillion [or forty] hours a week if I went back to school.

So I sucked it up, applied for a job, got a call, went in for an interview, was told I was hired, filled out paperwork, and I start on Saturday. *edit: It's a job doing massage at a studio in Indy for those of you wanting deets. (-: 

The end.

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. shooo, girl. you know I don't publicly post that on ye olde blog. (-;

      it's at a massage place about 30 minutes away from where I live in Indy.

      Delete
  2. I was just wondering if you were going to be massaging again :)

    ReplyDelete