March 1, 2014

Sloppy 'Shroom Sammies

I'm moving everything from the cooking closet [my other blog that has been inactive for over a year] over here to MN365. I'm decluttering. Hope it's not too annoying! (-:

---------------------------------------------------------

DSC_0906.jpg
I was never a fan of sloppy-joes. Was it the name? The ground beef? The mess?

I don't know.

They were never my favorite. This version of some vegetarian sloppy 'shroom sandwich is pretty tasty if I do say so myself. (-:

Do you purchase things that are "Manager's Special"? I shop on specific days [Sunday and Monday usually] to take advantage of these babies. Typically my Kroger marks their food on special if it's about to expire in the next day or two. I love you clearance items.
DSC_0906.jpg
DSC_0906.jpg
I diced my portabellos and sautéed them in some olive oil and added a sprinkle of Slap Ya Mama and some balsamic vinegar. Just cook it down until the balsamic reduces a bit.
DSC_0906.jpg
If you live closer than two hours away from Trader Joe's I'm jealous. Also, you should stop by and pick up some of this mustard. It's delicious.
DSC_0906.jpg
Then build your sammies. I start with a toasted bun, I like it crispy to add some more texture, next the 'shrooms, some spinach, and mustard and mayo.

BOOM.
DSC_0906.jpg
Eat. Enjoy.

Sloppy 'Shroom Sammies
serves one, multiplies easily
-one Portabello Mushroom Cap, diced
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1/2-1 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama or other spicy seasoning mix, you could also use seasoned salt here
-2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Sauté  the diced mushroom in the olive oil until the edges of the mushroom begin to brown, add your seasoning of choice and the balsamic vinegar and cook for 2-5 minutes until the vinegar reduces by about half.

-a Roll or Sandwich bread, toasted if that's your jam
-Spinach
-Mayonaise
-Mustard
-Any other toppings that sound good, a slice of tomato? a bit of cheese?
Build your sandwich and eat it.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment