March 28, 2013

chai banana bread

I don't cook or bake or do much in the kitchen the way I used to, so I'm coming back here for recipes. It's easier than trying to be worry about maintaining two blogs all all that jazz. Ain't nobody got time for that. [I don't even know what this saying is from, but it's all over facebook and pinterest and I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I'm so up on my pop culture right now.]
Untitled
Plus, I don't have a tiny kitchen any more.
I live in a house with a large kitchen with windows and an island and everything! It's so awesome.
They have a dishwasher! And not the kind with two arms and hands whose name is Amy.

I miss my little apartment sometimes though.

Yesterday, I had a statistics exam why no, I do not care about F/Q/Z/T tables beyond getting an A in this class. As you know, I'm all about stress relievers, so I baked some banana bread. It's about the baking not the eating, so I'm good with this form of self-care.

Stress relieved.
Untitled
Whew!


Chai Banana Bread
  • 2 Bananas, mashed
  • 2 bags of Chai tea, cut open
  • 1 container, or 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt [I used Fage]
  • 2 Eggs
  • 5 Tbsp Butter, melted
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 cup Quick Oats
  • 1 1/4 cups Flour [use GF, whole wheat, something fancy if your heart desires]
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
Preheat your oven to 350. 

Combine the first five ingredients [just cut the bags of tea open and dump it in] and then add the sugar and stir until combined. Next, add the oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Stir again until just combined. I'm lazy, so I smashed the bananas with a fork and then used the same fork to stir everything. Laaaaaaazy. 

Dump it in a greased loaf pan of the larger variety [I used a 9x5] and bake for 50-65 minutes checking frequently during the last 15 minutes so you don't over bake that bread.

Let it cool and by that I mean, don't dig in right away because you want to put some glaze on it.

Unless you're feeling healthy, then this glaze tastes like dirt. 

Glaze
  • 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • a pinch of All Spice
  • a pinch of Cloves
  • a pinch of Salt
  • 2-3 Tbsp Milk of choice, I went with Heavy Whipping cream 
As we all know, I don't measure icings, glazes, frostings, etc. HOWEVER, this is a decent estimation of what I did this time. (-: You can adjust the spices or leave them out, but oh, they taste good. I put the glaze on while the loaf was still warm.

Then I ate a slice, but not because I was stressed. I ate it to make sure it wasn't poisonous. 
I'm still alive.



love you people.
xo

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment