September 21, 2010

Chicago

I came to Chicago for a little R&R this week. I've got some peeps here. Yes, I just said "peeps" like I'm back in 8th grade. Embrace it.

Once upon a time when I finished college I thought I could live in Chicago. Then I found out the truth: I'm not an urban environment girl. I like feeling like I don't have to lock my doors and being in the country and having the tallest things around me be trees rather than buildings. I'm embracing it.

Plus, when I lived in Chicago, I spent all my time working so I could pay the bills and I barely got to enjoy anything about the city. Work, work work. Don't ask me what I did, it wasn't a career highlight. It's also the six months that are missing from my life on my resume.

Yesterday I was a downtown tourist.

Where does everyone take pictures in Chicago? The bean.

Vas ist da BEEEEN??

A giant, mirrored kidney bean artistic sculpture in Millennium Park. Duh.
DSC_0821.jpg

Right off of Michigan Avenue.
DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

Then we took the requisite jumping pictures!
DSC_0821.jpg
WHOOOO!!!
DSC_0821.jpg
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  Please don't be alarmed. There is not an actual, gigantic pink butterfly on me. It just so happens that I am a very enthusiastic jumper and my stomach was on display in this photograph. You didn't need to see that.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment