September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Megan!!

Megan's birthday was on Sunday!

I know, I'm late.

I've been a very bad blogger. Slacking as usual.

For Megan's birthday we had people over on Saturday night. I think like 30 people were in our tiny apartment at one point. It was mighty crowded.

In preparation for the par-tay, I baked. I made cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. Megan requested the usual Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake recipe from Smitten Kitchen. You know, the one I made for my friend Christina and my brother Dave and work? Next person requesting...something new?

Please?

Our kitchen doesn't have a lot of counter space. It's a small apartment kitchen. It does have a glorious pantry which is its redeeming quality.

This is what it looks like when I cook. You can switch the laptop with a cookbook sometimes.

Oh and that KitchenAid mixer? I coveted one of those for a few years before buying this one at an auction for $65.00. I miss auctions. Have you been to one? The sheer joy of bidding and that anticipation of winning a bid...oh you must go to an auction.

Back to baking.

They are pretty yummy.

Moist chocolate cake...peanut butter cream cheese frosting...chocolate peanut butter ganache...you had me at hello.

Who needs men when this can be in your life?

Wait a minute..ME, I still need men...a man...or whatever.

But cupcakes were a decent substitute on Saturday night. And Sunday. And Monday.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment