March 1, 2010

Update

Just a quick update on my dating life...or lack of a dating life.

Today I deleted both my OkCupid and PlentyOfFish accounts. Here's the reason why:

I'm paraniod.

Yes, I think it might be true. You see, everywhere I go I'm worried that I'm going to run into someone who has seen me on one of those accounts. Instead of thinking, "well, that means they're on it too." I think, "AHHHHhhhhhhhhh! What if they judge me? What if they're in my room for a session? What if...What if.... WHAT IF....!"

I never claimed to be rational.

Here's the deal...I still haven't gotten one email. No one knows anyone I could possibly be interested in and would reciprocate that? No one? Really?

Depths of despair people. Depths of despair.

(That's from Anne of Green Gables for those of you who didn't get the reference.)

In other news: I want to have Jason Segel's babies. Seriously. I'm just now watching Freaks and Geeks for the first time and, yes, I think I'm in love lust.

So when you're telling your friends that I'm single you can tell them I'm looking for: Jason Segel-Joel McHale funny, Gilbert Blythe dedication, James Marsden-Hugh Jackman fathers and Josh Groban's voice.

That's all.

OK, I'd date "start talking" with someone with these characteristics: a sense of humor, loyalty, charisma, good hygiene, the ability to make an amazing latte, loves kids, loves his family (or at least has the ability to love mine), compassion, appreciates theatre, is creative and is independent.

We're just talking about talking here. Not necessarily dating. And I'm not tied to North Carolina (I just heard my mom give a "Thank you" for that), but I do love Durham.

Enough for now.
Over and out.

1 comment :

  1. think. think. think. yeah, not good at it.

    in other news: love the new header.

    now i just wish spring would actually get here. (not this crazy snow stuff)

    ReplyDelete