September 18, 2009

Commitment

I'm a bit of a commitment-phobe. It's scary.

Things I have a problem committing to:
1. Location (Midwest? East coast? Indiana? Kansas? Iowa? Minnesota? Illinois? City? Country? Independence? Dependence?)
2. Profession (Huh. Bet you couldn't have guessed that.)
3. Education (I changed my major a couple of times, added and dropped a minor in undergrad. I decided on a whim to go to massage school. I can't decide if I want to go to grad school.)
4. Housing (I'm sorry, a 12 month lease?)
5. Job (Yes, this is different from profession.)
6. Budget (It says I should have $157 left over at the end of the month, but where did it go??)
7. Cell phone (I'm sorry, a TWO YEAR contract??)

Right now, I'm really struggling with #7. Especially since my phone is broken and can only be used on speaker phone or bluetooth. I sound a little tinny right now. And I feel like I yell a lot into the phone which is not a good thing.

So, I'm asking your advice.

This is my research.

1. Boost Mobile
This appeases my lack of interest in a contract. The phone I would get is the Motorola i465 and I could get the monthly unlimited for $50 a month, all calls all texts all internet. $50.00 no taxes, no additional charges. Exactly, too good to be true? I don't know anyone who uses Boost Mobile, so I don't know the quality of the reception or anything...





2. Verizon
I would estimate that about 50% of my friends use this. Maybe more now that they've taken over Alltel. I'd probably go with the cheapest/free phone they were offering whenever I sign up. And the plan would be $39.99 (450 anytime minutes)+$5.00 (250 texts--do I need more??)+taxes and such= ~$52.00 per month.







3. AT&T
Confession time: I lost my iPod. It's sad. My life is over. Just kidding. I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up, I'm gonna work harder, I'm a survivor. (Sorry.) Anyways, it occurred to me today that it could possibly be convenient to combine the iPod/phone together by getting an iPhone. Silly? So, I can get a refurbished iphone for $49 (8 GB) or $99 (16 GB) and the plan is $30.00 (iphone internet/usage)+ $39.99 (450 anytime minutes) + $5.00 (200 texts--would I need texting if I had internet?)+taxes and such= ~$85.00 per month.







What should I do? HELP ME!

Let's have a poll! (You can also comment if you have other tidbits of information which I REALLY REALLY appreciate.)


This is why I love you.

Because you're so wise. And you read my blog.

xo

3 comments :

  1. The Kyle has an iPhone and it's FUH-reaking awesome. Amazing and iPoddish and phone and all that amazing stuff rolled into one. Go for it!

    Also, last night I was trying to say "Dill Pickle Sunflower Seeds" but instead, I said "dickle". And then stopped. And my brother laughed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted verizon, because that is what i have, and ATT's service in NC is not as good as verizon's.

    Saying that, ATT does have a wider global network, and the iPhone would rock. (my 'rents have iTouches, and they love them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to start my coment by stating that I am a bit bias becuase I have Verizon... that said I think you have to look at where you live and go (who has the best reception), and who you talk to (especially which networks they have). Example: I might like an iPhone but I have no AtT reception at home and my whole family uses verizon, decision made for me. I would laos comment that I had a friend who did Boost and switched quickly b/c of poor reception, but that was rural Indiana, you might have better luck. Anyway I love you and I think you should get a new phone.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete