October 1, 2010

Yes, this post is about coffee (and food)

latte

On Wednesday morning at 10:49am I received this message. The beeping of receiving a text woke me up. Yes, I was in bed slumbering at 10:49am.

Happy national coffee day to some of 
my most favorite coffee gals! :) love ya

National Coffee Day? What is this you speak of? I have never heard of such a thing. Apparently it's kind of a big deal and lots of places were giving away free coffee. I just didn't know where any of them were, so I used it as an excuse to go get a cup. As if I needed an excuse. 

I had a massage, so I couldn't get away until later in the afternoon. Then I had to get lunch too....where to go? Where to go? OH---I know! Parker and Otis! You're shocked, I can tell. 
Flowers

Flowers
MG went with me. It was a lunch date wherein we ate delicious sandwiches, cupcakes, and drank some warm beverages. 
Lunch
Tuna salad for MG. She's a good friend, she always waits for me to take pictures before eating. Isn't that nice?
Tuna Sammich
Grilled Pimento Cheese for moi. 
Pimento Cheese Sammich
And this Pesto Pasta Salad. It's the best; fresh, spring-like flavors. Amazing. 
Pesto Pasta Salad
done
Then MG went to get a chai and came back with these awesome coconut cupcakes. I love coconut. I need to cook with it more. 
Cupcakes

Coconut Cupcakes
And I had to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte...had to. There's a new barista at P&O and I've been skeptical, but she did a good job. ( :
latte
Yummy. So much better than Starbucks, which isn't a bad Pumpkin Spice latte, but this one was just more naturally pumpkin-y. Yes, I know these things.
latte
And that was the coffee I had for National Coffee Day. (Which doesn't have an official website that I could find anywhere.)

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment