October 16, 2010

Scenes from a Hospital Room

Greetings from Indiana! OK, so I've been here for a week, but I didn't say "hi" from here yet.

Just take my salutations and roll with it, OK?

I've been hanging out almost every morning since Monday this week with my aunt at Parkview Hospital. Let me just say a couple of things: 1. this hospital wing hasn't really been updated since 1954, 2. I just made up that date. I'm not going to show you all the stuff that hasn't been updated since 19whatever.

I'm going to show you what I happened to take pictures of, things like my crocheting.
DSC_0212.JPG
Starbucks beverages, did you know that coffee counts as a clear liquid?
DSC_0212.JPG
I have now left Starbucks for the delicious Pumpkin Chai at the Firefly Cafe. You know, I'm gonna choose the local place over the masses when the local place is serving up some good stuff.

Flowers abound. The flowers are coming from the older generation, cards from younger. What does that say? What does that mean? I'm just curious...would you send flowers? a card? an e-card? an email? a text message? a blog comment? The way we communicate intrigues me.
DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG
I love this bouquet with wheat and sunflowers.
DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG
Let's talk about feeding tubes. They suck. The end.
DSC_0212.JPG
This one especially, it's clogged frequently. Daily. You know what they use to un-clog it? Diet Coke. That stuff eats through everything! Which is why you shouldn't be putting it in your stomach. You're welcome for my daily service announcement.
DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG
Soft foods at the hospital=dairy, dairy and dairy.
DSC_0212.JPG
Apparently their custard from the cafeteria is quite delicious. I think I'll pass, thank you.

One pretty good thing about the hospital room? Great light. Seriously, did you see that light? The blinds are open, the sun is shining, we can look out upon the city of Fort Wayne and see the stunning trees all over the city. Lovely.

Except we want to leave the hospital. We're still waiting on a properly functioning poop-shooter though. Dang poop-shooter.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment