October 5, 2009

Birthday fears and fun

It's October, so I think it's time I finally head to the beach since I'm living in a coastal state.

You know?

Plus, I love the beach.

My friend Theresa is recently 40. She's a very young 40. Because 40 is the new 30. You knew that, right? Which means that my 26 is the new...16. NO. NO. NO. It doesn't work until you're actually 30.

I'm the only math genius around here. Don't question my skillz.

For Theresa's 40th birthday she wanted to swim in the ocean. Because she loves the ocean too? NO! Because she's afraid of the ocean.

So brave.

We gathered on the beach and stood in a circle with Theresa in the middle, then we made our way into the water. Do you think that people think we're kooky? I kind of think we're kooky.

Feet. Ankles. Knees. Hips. Waist. Then the waves were rolling into our chests.

Hey, Theresa, how you doing?

Good.

Want to float?

No.

Want to swim?

No.

Want to jump in the waves?

No.
AHHH! Oh, my gosh, something just touched me!!!!

What? What touched you?

A crab or fish or something....

It's more afraid of you than you are of it.

I don't think so.

Ok, just take a breath.


We form another circle around her.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

I think I'm doing better now.
And...I'm ready to go in.


We planned this trip back in August (when Theresa's birthday was) and were all kind of expecting the weather to be crap.

BUT IT WASN'T! It was BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL!







I have a sunburn, but it's nothing compared to that burn back in July.

(Oh, and I hijacked Megan's camera to take these pictures. Thank you, Megan!)

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment