March 24, 2011

Oh the juxtaposition

I had all these plans to tell you about how cheap I am.

Seriously, I'm cheap, yo.

At IKEA this week, I saw these awesome little-teeny tiny bowls. I'm talking like maybe 1 1/2 inches in diameter. You'd use them for seasonings and such.
DSC_0386.jpg
Cute as all small things are.
DSC_0386.jpg
I was thinking about how great these would be for those photos when you're arranging all the ingredients for a recipe. Except they're 4 for $2.99.

That's almost a dollar each...actually it's almost $0.75 each but that's still more than this girl is willing to pay. Then I found the votive section. A twelve pack of tea light holders--basically the same size--for $1.99?
DSC_0386.jpg
Yes!!! OOOOooooh...a 6 pack of larger votive holders? DEFINITELY. That's what it's about, saving $1.00, getting 2 more "containers" and using items in unintentional ways.
DSC_0386.jpg
DSC_0386.jpg
I did all that to save $1.00.

Then I bought an iPhone.
...which I'm smitten with.

3 comments :

  1. You crack me up! Ha! I'm wanting one of those i-phones also....wanna get me one for my birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kathy--you and me both!

    @Madre--you want an iPhone? really? if yes, we could make it happen for your birthday. ( :

    ReplyDelete