March 30, 2010

Coveting

cov·et

[kuhv-it] 
–verb (used with object)
1. to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others: to covet another's property.
2. to wish for, esp. eagerly: He won the prize they all coveted.


I want. I want. I want.

OK, I don't need for anything. And I want for very little.

Just a few of those things?

These cookbooks:


 I think I've said it once or twice: I can live without Martha, but her people are amazing.

This pantry:
Over here at Apartment Therapy...the jars. I love the jars. Something about looking at nice clear, uniform jars full of cooking spices and ingredients is so appealing to me. 

Side note: did you know that Apartment Therapy was my first blog to read? Yes, it's true. My friend Stuart introduced me and life has since been remarkably different. Then came Pioneer Woman and Smitten Kitchen and Cake Wrecks and many, many others.

A house (and if we're talking about something I would covet, why not go big?!?):
Just a tiny place out here in Durham. The small price tag of $699,900 is nothing, right? That's completely do-able on my dainty budget. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Anyone want to go in together? We are talking about six bedrooms. Can we talk about the kitchen though? Seriously? Seriously. If I'm being honest, the kitchen is what I covet. Ahhh! To have a kitchen with a gas stove, large enough to move in and actual storage space!?! A dream come true. 

Last, but not least, a dog:
MG says I can't get anything with any Pit Bull in it. I'd take pretty much anything though. Especially some sweet mutt out of the pound. Except, I want a big dog. A nice, big, friendly, cat-loving, people-loving dog. If I were in Kansas I'd get one of these from the Lucky Dog Program which I think is amazing. 

I think that's all for now. Except I do covet some mad piano playing skills. 


Exactly.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment