May 1, 2014

apple almond cinnamon scones

that doesn't sound terrible does it? #examjambreakfast
When I'm stressed I get cold sores and a strong desire to bake. One I can do something about and the other just sucks. Today I made a pot pie and scones.

I'm stress baking. It's what I do.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
prettiest eggs ever? 

We have an early study session tomorrow morning, so I'll be sharing these with my peers. Otherwise I may eat them all myself. That would be bad, right?

Apple Almond Cinnamon Scones
-2 3/4 cups Flour
-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
-3/4 tsp Salt
-1 Tbsp Baking Powder
-2 tsp Cinnamon
-1/4 tsp Ginger
-1/4 tsp Nutmeg
-1/2 cup Butter, cold
-3/4 cup Slivered Almonds
-1 to 1 1/2 Apples, diced
-2 Eggs
-2 tsp Vanilla
-1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

Combine dry ingredients [flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, spices], cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Mix almonds and diced apples into the dry mixture. In a separate bowl combine eggs, vanilla, and cream. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and combine until it's all moistened. Pat the dough into a quadrilateral shape and make some triangles. Separate the triangles on your baking sheet. Take 30 minutes and throw the dough in the freezer uncovered. Preheat your oven to 425. Bake the scones for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until browned.
Untitled
Cool slightly and give the scones a bath in some cinnamon frosting.
Untitled
Cinnamon Icing [full disclosure: this is an "ish" icing, I didn't measure specifics...]
-2ish cups Powdered Sugar
-1 1/2ish tsp Cinnamon
-1ish Tbsp Butter, melted
-3-4ish Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream [or milk]

Combine powdered sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Add in heavy whipping cream until the consistency is where you'd like it. You can play with the ratios here!
holy cow. this must be shared. #examjambreakfast #comingupnextonmn365

I'm terrible at staying focused...but I have piles of papers to study all around me!

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment