December 16, 2013

slow cooker peanut clusters

When I went to Kate's to bake our hearts out, I had no idea she'd bring these salty-sweet-peanutty-chocolate treats into my life.
DSC_0158.JPG
I don't know if I should be grateful or not since I can't stop eating them.

Can.not.stop. Hold me back.
DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0167.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG
The thing is, they're easy-peasy to make too, so you can introduce their tastiness to all you know.

I made mine on Sunday and by the time everything was ready to scoop my mom had four ladies out making Christmas cards. They can attest to the sweet smells coming from my direction. (-:
DSC_0158.JPG
It's only four ingredients: three kinds of chocolate and peanuts.
DSC_0188.JPG
Just throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and then ignore it for two hours, give it a stir and scoop out your clusters on some wax paper. The awesome thing about the slow cooker is that it keeps everything warm while you scoop, you don't have to rush like you do when you microwave.
DSC_0158.JPG

Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
-1 1/2 lbs Almond Bark
-1 4oz bar Baker's German Chocolate [are there other brands of this?]
-1 bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
-1 16oz can Salted Peanuts
-1 16oz can Un-Salted Peanuts

Place everything in your slow cooker [I like to put the peanuts on the bottom so all the chocolate stays on top and gets melty without being along the sides where it could potentially scorch] and put it on LOW for two hours. Set it and forget it!

Once the time is up give everything a really good stir and start scooping your clusters by the teaspoonful on to wax paper. Allow the chocolate to harden and start giving them away!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments :