September 2, 2011

Labor Day

It's Labor Day weekend!

I'm supposed to be at the lake representing my family in KS in helping to clean-up, pack-up and get ready for the not-so-warm winter months ahead.
I'm not though because it's depressing, I don't like the signal that summer is over and my time of lounging in the sun is at an end. [Not really, I just made other plans months ago.]

I get to see 10 of my favorite girlfriends from college instead! Let me tell you: I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Perhaps I made too much food. I'm in charge of Saturday lunch, one savory snack and one sweet snack. For lunch I made a chickpea-feta salad, a caprese pasta salad and fruit salad. I think it will be good. For my sweet snack I made blondies with butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, coconut and cinnamon. I sampled them, they're tasty. Aaaand for my savory snack I made shoepeg corn dip.

I thought I'd share the recipe for shoepeg corn dip because my friends keep asking me for it. (-:
Yes, it looks a bit like pimento cheese, but it's TOTALLY not.

Shoepeg Corn Dip
-1, 8oz, can Shoepeg Corn [it's one of the small cans usually on the upper shelf]
-1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
-1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
-1 cup Sour Cream
-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
-1/2 tsp Onion Powder
-1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1 Tbsp dried Parsley [optional]

Mix it together and adjust seasonings to taste. This is a great make-ahead as it gets better over one or two days as the flavors come together. Serve with your favorite crackers or chips, popular options: Ritz Chips, Ritz crackers, Wheat Thins and corn chips.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment