April 8, 2011

Grass

I'm not talking about weed. Although, I did think about weed today. I was working on a client who suffers from some painful auto-immune disorders which make everyday living miserable and I thought, "I wonder if medical marijuana would help."

I have no idea where this thought came from. It popped into my mind. I have never smoked marijuana nor do I plan on it. I don't even know how I feel about "medical" marijuana so let's not start a debate here.

I just want to talk about grass. I think wheat-grass or some other such nonsense that I got for the cats. Grass is good for cats apparently.

After a sunny week, a rainy week, then a few days I remembered that I had purchased and attempted to grow some grass on our back porch. I brought it in for Hank and The Tea to munch on.
DSC_7016.jpg
DSC_7016.jpg
Hank rubbed his face on it.
DSC_7016.jpg
This is as close as Tea would get.

I'm not sure if our cats are normal. This isn't a newsflash.
DSC_7016.jpg
DSC_7016.jpg
DSC_7016.jpg
Yup, not actually eating any grass. Just pulling it out and putting it on the floor.

DSC_7016.jpg
Maybe he took a few attempted chomps.
Or not.
DSC_7016.jpg

Flash forward: The next morning, I go to fill their food dishes and there is a pile of the grass (fully intact) sitting next to the container. I don't think these cats want any of this roughage.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment