October 11, 2010

Self-Discovery

These are the things I have learned and affirmed about myself in the past 24-hours. This in not an all-inclusive list.

1. I packed 3 pairs of ballet flats and no tennis shoes. Walking in the morning? Chacos flip-flops are supportive, right? (I bought those $50 thongs [yes, I am one of those people who call them thongs and not the kind that go up your butt] at 75% off. BAM!! Bargain shopper extraordinaire right here!)

2. I want a dog. A cute, cuddly, take her on walks in the morning dog. Kind of like this cutie patootie:
(This little black Schnauzer is Ebony, my grandma's dog.)

3. If I go to bed by 10:30 getting up at 7:00am is no big deal.

4. My blackberry storm is of the devil. It died on Saturday and refused to begin charging until 6:22am on Sunday. It was at 6:22am that I heard my alarm and realized this. I was supposed to be up at 5:30 to leave the house by 6:00am. Blast.

5. I love friends. I got to see Emily from Arizona when I went through Dayton, OH since she was in town for a wedding. Even 20 minutes was totally worth it. OK? So, next time you're on a layover at the Raleigh-Durham airport you give me a call! Got it!?! I want my stinkin' 20 minutes. (I don't know anyone who has ever had a layover at RDU.)

6. I love coffee. We met at a place called the Boston Stoker. Delicious, delicious perfectly prepared latte. If you're in the Dayton area, check it out. Do I have friends in the Dayton area?

7. I love FALL!!!! OH MY GOODNESS. Yesterday was the MOST BEAUTIFUL DRIVE EVER. Fall has exploded on the Blue Ridge Mountains across North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. I crown the winning state: Virginia though. Stunning. Orange, red, yellow, brown and green in their purest forms.

8. I was in a mad rush because of leaving my house an hour late, so I couldn't stop and take pictures of #7.

9. The soundtrack to Mama Mia makes me happy.

10. This song is my inspiration song for the next week and a half:
(Please ignore the pictures.)

11. I'm a maniac when I drive. Literally, I stopped for gas 3 times and peed 1. Oh and I did pick up some breakfast which is the only meal I'm willing to eat from a fast food restaurant. I convinced myself to get egg and cheese on an English muffin. Then I pulled up to Hardee's and they didn't have it, so I got a biscuit. Biscuits are full of buttery-fatty-high caloric delicious artery-clogging-ness. I devoured it. And a raisin biscuit thing covered in icing. Will you forgive me?

12. I think I only ate carbohydrates yesterday. Oh and an apple.

13. It's my parent's 30th anniversary!! YAY!! Happy anniversary!
DSC_0511.jpg
It's now my goal in life to convince them that they have to do something to celebrate it. My dad thinks going to a country buffet in Canton-Galva, KS counts. My mom keeps trying out other excuses. I am not convinced and by next summer they will do something!!! I am making this statement. I am convinced.

14. I love tv. I know, I don't have tv, but really, I want it. I could watch Food Network all day, every day. And there's a new season of The Next Iron Chef. One episode and I decided who my crush on the show would be. (Last season was Seamus Mullen, in case you forgot this unimportant fact.) This season: Brian Caswell. I am ridiculous.

15. I'm off to the hospital, then starting with the kids schedules this afternoon!

1 comment :

  1. I think you're great. Here's to journeys, and self-discovery! Cheers! Hooray for Dave Barnes and Abba... and you only peed once? Really?

    ReplyDelete