October 11, 2012

Amber & Chris: Wedding Pics

A few weeks ago I shot my first wedding.
ceremony
Erm...you want me? to take pictures? of one of the most important days of your life?
Idon'tknowaboutthis.
WhatifI'mnotgoodenough?
Whatiftheyhatethepictures?
WhatifImisstherightshots?
WhatifIcan'tfigureoutthelight?
WHAT.IF.I.SUCK?
Yup, when the words run together that means they were instantaneous, uncontrollable, SELF-DOUBTING thoughts. ick. ugh.
jessica3.jpg
So, I got over my fear and headed south to Anderson, IN.
bridesmaids
rings
groomsmen
I'm so grateful for the experience to get to shoot Chris and Amber's wedding! One of my close friends and a fellow apple pi, Jessica, is Chris's older sister. I was in her wedding several years ago and it's been awesome to live nearby again. Jessica did an amazing job planning the wedding. She saw on my 30x30 that I wanted to get paid to take pictures, so she asked me to do this wedding! I'm honored!
jessica3.jpg jessica3.jpg jessica3.jpg
Look what she did-it was amazing!

chat with the best man flower girl
Amber & Chris
Amber Chris
Mr. & Mrs. Pumpkins and TOMS
My wish for Amber and Chris is that they remember their beautiful wedding day, the love their friends showered upon them, and most importantly the promises they made to one another.
Wedding Party

I probably won't do any more weddings. I'll take engagement, maternity, senior, family, newborn and food pictures, so ask for those [friends and family]. (-:

I've been reading about professional photography and I don't think I want to go to the scary self-employed place [I feel the same way about massage, business and marketing is HARD!]. As I learned from this experience taking important pictures is more stressful than I even expected [and this was probably the most low-maintenance couple in existence-woo!] and bossing people around [while a natural state to me] on purpose was hard.

All that said, I love these images--beautiful setting, gorgeous people!--and many others, so I hope Amber and Chris enjoy them for years to come!
Eli
[Especially this one. Ha!]



love you people.
amy

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment