August 12, 2012

I am Mighty

The last three years, I've been living in weak-sauce land.
DSC_0168.JPG
Weak-sauce in terms of water skiing.
DSC_0168.JPG
In my family we start water skiing as soon as we could stand. My brothers and I would stand on the skis as our parents skied when we were 4 years old. By the time we were 6 or 7 we were on our own. We had fancy white skis that tied together [the hardest part of skiing is keeping the skis together, or maybe the part that requires the most strength?] and we'd travel around the lake at an easy speed behind the boat.
DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
Now, I'm a grown woman and the skills I acquired 20-something years earlier are coming back to me. I still require two skis to get out of the water.
DSC_0168.JPG DSC_0168.JPG
I've never been able to get up on one. But, I can drop one and I'm good to go.
DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0168.JPG
Sometimes I have to look to make sure I drop the correct one. (-:
DSC_0168.JPG
Boom.
DSC_0168.JPG
And by "boom" I mean BOOM. CRASH. SPLASH. WOMAN-DOWN!

The thing about being 29 and not 6 or 10 or even 15 is that you're sore for days a week after this experience. The thing about thinking you're mighty [and I still think I am] is that when you attempt to get up on one ski [which you have never done before but in your mind THIS TIME IT WILL WORK!] you will get even more sore.

This is my life.

footer.jpg

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment