August 20, 2012

Doughnuts, adios normal life

Sometimes I like to write about things that have nothing to do with each other. It's a bit like I just threw up all over your computer screen with pictures and words and you have no idea what's happening. 
You're welcome.
---------------------------------------
I love, love, love doughnuts. They are my kryptonite. A cup of coffee and a doughnut make me way happier than a pastry and bitter beverage ever should.
The speed may be a little fast here, but LOOK WHAT I MADE! (-:

I think I'm just wired to love doughnuts.
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0084.JPGDSC_0084.JPGDSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
I blame my favorite bakery where I've been eating from since I was in the womb.<--This may not be a fact.
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
Today I started my prerequisites [for those of you who think I'm undersharing about this whole school "thing" I'm taking anatomy and statistics this semester] for a nursing program to be named later starting in summer/fall 2013. I forgot what college classes were like; I was nervous before I went.
DSC_0084.JPG
Then I showed up and approached a group of people hoping to be doctors and pharmacists and a few randoms like me. And we stood in the hallway.

If you know me you know, I am rarely early. I am frequently late. Being that it was the first day, I showed up 12 minutes early along with 90% of the class and we waited. I should have stopped for a doughnut and coffee. [That was me tying things together and may some sort of coherent thought.] At 7:58 our lab assistant showed up.
DSC_0084.JPG
I think this may be his first class because he was nervous. Like out-of-breath, rapid talking get through the information in 40 minutes [we had 2 hours] kind of nervous.

I quit being nervous because he was nervous enough for both of us.

Also, I'm now officially old, or at least compared to the 20-21-22 year olds I'm ancient. I feel like I can say that because when I was 20, 29 was old. OOOOoooold. People who were almost 30 were married and expecting kids and had careers and did all the things I am definitely not doing right now.

That's ok though. I'm not seeking your approval, only my own.
DSC_0084.JPG
Matt and Abby, you should be nervous about The Nephew's future love for doughnuts. I'm pretty sure he takes after aunt amy. Good luck with that. hahahahahaha


footer.jpg

2 comments :

  1. we should get doughnuts together sometime....they are truly my kryptonite, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh, YES! Emily, I would love to share doughnuts with you!

      Delete