May 22, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday, I was back at my little apartment. Hallelujah! I don't mind dog-sitting and staying elsewhere, but nothing is as good as your own bed even if your apartment is a hot mess.

Mine is.

My laundry situation is out of control. [Tonight. I had to get quarters so I could take care of business.]

My dishes were piled high in the sink. [They're done now.]

Something was smelling funky. [The dishes?]

My cat was neeeeeeeeedy.
Untitled
Yeah, he insisted upon touching me while simultaneously giving me the stink eye. Classy, Hanklin, really classy.
-----------------------------------------
These arrived in the mail:
Untitled
The cutest flowers by bloomies! I ordered them through veryjane. If you're not signed up for veryjane, get on their email list! They do send about 5 emails a day, but it's the inside scoop on craft supplies and small artisans selling their wares at a discount [discounts so they can get their name out! Brilliant!]. While you're at it sign up for GroopDealz and Pick Your Plum. Trust me. If you're only willing to sign up for one, go for veryjane. I just ordered washi tape and a birthday present for someone on there. (-:

-----------------------------------------

It's been slow at work, but I had one massage yesterday. While I was getting ready, the electricians installing new lines in our rooms [We're moving to a new area at Spiece and a chiropractor is moving into our space...it's been a process.] wanted to chat. This guy was asking me questions [because that's what people do when you say you're a massage therapist] and he asked me if I got tips. I said yes. And he said "I thought you probably did because you're pretty." Now, at first I was flattered. Then the feminist in me wanted to tell him, "No, I get tips because I'm a damn good massage therapist."

I just went about my business though. Thinking on my feet is not my strong suit. How does one get faster at witty comebacks?

-----------------------------------------

I've been having a hankering for one of my brother Dave's specialties.
Dave
Yeah, he bakes. He's also single ladies, so let me know if you need a hook up. (-;
Untitled Untitled
Cookie Brittle
[Half recipe]
-1/2 cup Butter
-1/2 cup Sugar
-1 tsp Vanilla
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1 cup Flour
-3/4-1 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375. Combine butter, sugar and vanilla. Add in salt and flour [the mixture will be crumbly] then mix in your chocolate chips. Press into a pan until you have about 1/2 in layer. It doesn't have to touch the edges, you can just make a random shape on a cookie sheet if your heart so desires. Bake for 25 minutes. COOL. You must let this cool. Then you can break it into pieces because it's crisp and yummy. I made mine in a 9" tart pan and scored it when it came out of the oven so I could break it into these wedges.

I only made a half batch because I can't control myself around it. Helloooo sugary, chocolaty, buttery tastiness.

-----------------------------------------

And sleep. Glorious sleep.


footer.jpg

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment