February 13, 2017

HAPPY GALENTINE'S DAY!

Sorry lady friends, but there's no breakfast or waffles involved. I'm sad too, but work's got me sleeping all day. If you win and you're local maybe I'll take you out on a day I'm off.

Work ruins everything except my bank account. Well, and I love my job but that's another story for another time.

You know Leslie Knope's Galentine's Day is making it when NPR publishes a story on it.

SOOOOOooo, I have things to giveaway.
DSC_0030
DSC_0042
DSC_0039
DSC_0032
DSC_0034
DSC_0035
The sweetest love mug, a pair of earrings from my favorite [now closed] earring maker, a fantastic neutral nail polish, my fave lip balm [and it's vegan! and raw!], that egg thing that I use to hold my earrings [it's amaze for all the studs], and a big pile o' caramels [handmade by me]. 

I could take or leave Valentine's Day, but I love LOVE and I love hearts and pink, so I'm down. BUT, celebrating women for Galentine's Day? ALL DAY ERRRY DAY.

I've been so inspired by women in marches, women speaking positively about their bodies, women who stand up and persist, older adults finding love with unexpected partners, and women who thoughtfully fight for what they believe.

What or who is inspiring you? Comment to win the goods [and breakfast if you live locally]. 
random.org chooses #3, Erin (-: 
xoxo


commenting open until 1/14/17 at midnight



12 comments :

  1. Right now my cousin Cassidy is really inspiring me. She posts a lot on Facebook about women of color, intersectional feminism, trans women, and all kinds of stuff that widens my perspective and challenges me even if makes me slightly uncomfortable. She's cool. And a nurse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's something about growth in uncomfortable places and the challenge in it that makes us such interesting people. Cassidy sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. I just watched "Hidden Figures" last night and wowwww! Those ladies were bad-azz, especially given the time. I'm also inspired by my own self, who in the face of just really insane and horrible sexism at my job have managed to not murder one single person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygoodness...I LOVED "Hidden Figures," so inspiring! I love that you're such a badass in your career as well as the rest of your life! <3

      Delete
  3. I'm inspired by Kim who is a badass nurse and helps me get through school! Happy Galentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim is amazing [and badass nurses have a special place in my heart!], so glad you have each other! <3

      Delete
  4. JK Rowling is inspiring me! She isn't putting up with anyone's business on Twitter right now. I find it comforting to know she supports us in the US even though she's across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Plus she's such a creative genius! smart. sassy. put together.

      damn, JK, you're the shit.
      thanks for reminding me, Mags. <3

      Delete
  5. I've been in a book club online with a bunch of women whom I don't really know for the most part. The books were reading so far have totally inspired me...and conversations with them about the books have been inspiring! So great to be on this journey with such amazing women!...if only for a conversation or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a fun group to be a part of both to learn from great authors and from each other! I love that you put yourself out there and jump all in to new groups of people! <3

      Delete
  6. I am drawing inspiration from my husband in this season of life. I know, it sounds cheesy, but it's true. Whenever he faces opposition or struggle he somehow digs deep and pulls out another ounce of perseverance. He is committed to trusting God, believing the best in people, seeking more truth, surrending to the Father, pursuing his tired and grumpy wife, and giving his best to his daughters that adore him (and rightfully so)! I am mostly inspired by his journey and how I've witnessed that when you surrender your heart to Jesus, life is better- it just is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes it's hard to see inspiration in the people we see every day--I love that you can see that in Izzy! <3

      Delete