April 21, 2010

I have a strange, strange father.

Remember my dad?

I just think you should know some more about him, so I'm going share this facebook conversation we just had.

10:39pm
Dan hey (Hmm...strange. He usually says "hey turd.")
11:01pm
Me hello (And in response to "hey turd" I usually say "Turd Ferguson. what's up?" Do you know the Turd Ferguson SNL Jeopardy sketches? HILARIOUS.)
11:02pm
Dan well its about time (The expectation is that if it says we are on facebook then we will respond immediately to his message.)
11:02pm
Me sorry, i'm baking
11:02pm
Dan im watching the office
11:02pm
Me nice
you're up kinda late (He normally goes to bed watching a DVD around 9:30 pm.)
11:02pm
Dan i am up way too late
took a nap after school
11:04pm
Me i see
i'm baking chocolate-banana-chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
11:05pm
Dan wow - did you want my judgment on them?
11:06pm
Me sure
they're mostly banana chocolate chip cupcakes
did you want to try one?
11:06pm
Dan got milk? (My dad LOVES milk. As children we would go through several gallons of milk a week, I don't think I really started drinking water until college. He uses one of those freezer cups-probably intended for beer or some other alcoholic beverage, for milk and pop. He likes his milk icy.)
11:06pm
Me a little, but not much
11:06pm
Dan too bad
11:07pm
Me i'm not going to finish them until tomorrow anyways, so i'll have to run to the store
11:07pm
Dan we had corn dogs for supper and burnt sweet corn
11:07pm
Me wow that just sounds delicious
11:08pm
Dan mom was going to throw it away - but i spent a lot of time growing it so i just ate the whole pot
tasted kind of like popcorn (Best line ever? I think possibly, yes.)
11:08pm
Me you are so weird.
11:09pm
Dan yeah - and will probably have the runs tomorrow (I'm not sure that such a thing as TMI exists in my family.)
11:09pm
Me most likely. (Because who eats an entire pot--probably 8 to 10 ears--of corn?!?)
11:09pm
Dan time for bed - love you
11:10pm
Me love you too!

Yes, that was 10 minutes long.

We are a little strange. I embrace the strange though. What family is "normal"?

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment