January 21, 2019

ten faves

one: be like sunshine

This is my phrase, thought, contemplation for 2019. I didn't/don't make resolutions, but it does feel like a new beginning [just like any Monday or March 1 or birthday or beginning of school can] and I like to think about things.
Sunshine is warm, bright, and promotes growth. Sunshine makes me feel happy. I want to be like that.

two: Last summer I spent about zero time on my front porch because there was so much cat hair from the neighborhood cats on my furniture. I found this fur remover because of it's Amazon reviews. It's ugly. It actually works.

three: Dumplin'
via 
I read the book [by Julie Murphy] awhile ago, and then the movie came out on Netflix in December. The book is better -- no surprise there! Dolly Parton. GAH.

four: Little Mix LM5

I can't stop listening to this album. It's so good. Don't listen to it if you don't define yourself as a feminist. And listen with discretion if you're opposed to profanity.

five-six-seven: podcasts
Up and Vanished
MURDER MYSTERY. Season one is the case of Tara Grinstead and her mysterious disappearance in 2005. It's a little cheesy as Payne works out the kinks, but it's SO GOOD. Especially for long road trips. Season two needs to get that next episode out.

Dr. Death
THIS IS TERRIFYING. No really, TERRIFYING. Over Christmas I drove from Fort Wayne, IN to McPherson, KS and forced my mother to experience this podcast with me. She was so stressed from listening to it that she called my dad at one point and shouted at him for not pulling over to eat. Yup. The resolution comes, but it's a solid 5 episodes before you realize the horror has to end. Not for the weak stomached. So profound for everyone working in the health care industry and the importance of advocating for our patients when we see something wrong.

EMCrit
This is a super-medical podcast. It's really well done. I learn tons, but there are episodes that fly over my head with medical jargon. The episode on the Opioid-Free ED has been listened to at least 4 times by me...not that I'm prescribing anything, I just like to have suggestions in my back pocket. 😉

eight: cinnamon rolls

I decided in 2019, I'm going to conquer my fear of yeast. I'm starting with cinnamon rolls and I've been gathering recipes starting with the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion.
Because I prefer my cinnamon rolls gooey, I've been trying this method of adding a splash of cream before they go in the oven to maximize goo. 😍 I can't decide if I'm just upping the fat or actually accomplishing any increased goo.

nine: JCPenney bath sheets
I really need to gut my entire bathroom. It's terrible. Like bad 80s shell sink terrible. I told myself I couldn't spend any money or time in here because it's ALL gotta go. But my towels were tragic and I hit an amazing sale, so here we are. I have lovely towels in my unfortunate bathroom. [they're on sale now for $6.29]

ten: happy 2019!

What do you want to see or do differently this year?


xo



0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment