January 14, 2019

ricotta cookies

I forgot how much I enjoy these cookies! I recently made them for a baby shower [can we just talk about the baby wave of 2018? everybody from work is now on maternity leave], so I'm going to re-share the recipe. The original time I posted in 2009, is way over here. This is a cakey cookie. Moist, but light [TWO TABLESPOONS OF BAKING POWDER!]. Not crazy sweet, but *justenough* with a cup o' coffee.

Ricotta Cookies

2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour

Combine the sugar, butter, ricotta, eggs, and vanilla until well mixed. Blend in baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix until just combined. Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 14-16 minutes.

This makes about 3 dozen cookies with a medium (3 Tbsp) cookie scoop.

Once the cookies are cooled, I prefer to glaze them, but you can also dust them with powdered sugar. My favorite glaze is one that hardens, I usually do a variation on this one from allrecipes. Also, sprinkles. Always sprinkles.


Glaze

3 cups powdered sugar
3 tsp extract (you can do a variety of combinations here, I usually do 2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp almond, and 1/2 tsp butter)
1 Tbsp light corn syrup (I think this makes it hard to the touch, yet flexible if that makes any sense)
4-6 tsp milk or water

Mix the powdered sugar, extracts and corn syrup together. Add the milk or water slowly until you reach your desired consistency.



TIPS:
*this is a pretty wet dough, so you definitely want to use either parchment or a silicone liner on your baking sheets
*when you bake these cookies the bottoms will be slightly brown, but there will be very little browning to the edges of the cookies
*let the cookies rest for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to cool
*once the cookies are cooled and ready to be glazed, I put the glaze into a piping bag or a ziplock and snip the corner to make it easier to glaze the little nuggets
*if you can exhibit just a tiny bit of self-control, these are SO MUCH BETTER 2-4 days after they're baked
*COOKIE SCOOP COOKIE SCOOP COOKIE SCOOP. just get one. thank me later. ❤️


xo




0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment