June 19, 2012

this week's mani

This week, I used these four colors:
Untitled
I'm experiencing a slight obsession with Flashbulb Fuchsia. IT'S SO PRETTY!
Untitled
I wear my nails super-duper short because as a massage therapist, I have to. My nails are clipped all the way down and then filed back. If you've had a massage and felt a nail digging into your muscles, you know how much it helps to have trimmed and filed nails.

SHORT NAILS DO NOT MEAN THEY CAN'T BE FUN AND FUNKY TOO!

Short nails DO mean that you will paint on your skin--at least for me--it's impossible to not get polish at the tips of my fingers. The side polish is just me being sloppy.
Untitled
The thing is, when you shower the next morning all that polish comes off with a quick rub with a washcloth.
Untitled
[I just touched up my the fuchsia in all the "after" photos, hence the polish residue.]

The other thing you need to invest in is a good topcoat. It makes all the difference in the world.
Untitled
This is what I use: Seche Vite. It makes my polish that used to last a few days last at least a week or longer. And if you like to do decorative layers of polish, it makes it look smooth and professional[ish].

I claim no professionalism. Please see messy picture above. (-:

This week's nails inspired by these art deco nails from The Beauty Department. If you like all things makeup, hair and nails [I do!] check out their blog/website.

Have a great week!


footer.jpg

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment