April 23, 2012

CUPCAKES!

I'm a food snob. I'll be the first to admit it.
DSC_0343.jpg
HOWEVER, I shall now justify my snobbery:
When you pay $2.75 for a cupcake it had better be freaking awesome.
My snobbery is equivalent to price vs quality. That sounds so mathematical, but this is a non-exact science.

Our nation's capital has a place called Georgetown Cupcakes.
DSC_0343.jpg
Well, we HAD to go.
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
And we HAD to get a half-dozen cupcakes. [For $15.]
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
Yeah.
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
Chocolate peanut butter with a little ganache filling? If you insist.

Overall, these were good, but I don't know that I'd call them AMAZING! FANTASTIC! STELLAR! SUPERB! THEBESTI'VEEVEREATEN!!!

The frosting was delicious.
The cake was slightly dry and I wanted it to be a little sweeter. The former is a personal preference. The latter is a personal preference. But, I'm probably right.

Except the carrot cake, that was perfection.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment