December 1, 2017

sleeping arrangements

I went on vacation a few weeks ago. For the first time since August 24 I left Great Dame Judi with another person.

There's this meme I've seen lately about dog lovers vs dog parents.
I'm more on the left image of the picture. BUT I MISSED JUDI MORE THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD. Am I a right side dog parent? Is there a middle ground?
1510833342941
Judi stayed with Lauren [a friend from work] and got to be with two other dogs and humans 24-7 while I was away. SHE FREAKING LOVED IT.

AND LAUREN LET JUDI SLEEP IN HER BED.

I've been very strict on the no bed -- much more lax on the you don't get to be up on the couch -- but Judi is a big girl [I think we're up to about 125#] and I sleep in a full size bed.

Judi came home and we had our usual nighttime routine. I get ready for bed. She paces some and then lays down in her bed that's in my room. Except then she started whining a little and bumping my bed and then she left. She went and slept in the other room because she was mad at me. You know what I did the next night? I patted the mattress next to me and she hopped up and snuggled in. OF COURSE I DID BECAUSE I AM A SUCKER.
1510833382024
I've been sleeping on about 12" of mattress space as Dame Judi sprawls on my right and Pawblo attempts to sleep anywhere [preferably my head, but NO] where he's not touching her.

Is this my life now?
1512160267529
*sigh*


0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment