September 6, 2017

ten things

one: I feel like I should be embarrassed by the sheer number of times I've seen Beauty and the Briefcase.

Spoiler: I'm not.

And I'm not the only one. [#25 though]

two: Speaking of her "magic man" bucket list...I've narrowed my list down to one thing: be kind. So many other qualities go with that one thing, right?

threeMacklemore: Glorious


four: OBSESSED with these earrings I found though one of the beauty bloggers I follow on insta and I cannot get enough. I have these rose gold threaders [and the gold bar threaders and dreams about these two-tone beauties].
1504702639162150470266764615047027146681504702693901
I've been wearing them non-stop since they came in the mail and my sensitive ears love them too. BettyBangBang on etsy

five: FIVE instagram accounts I can't get enough of: ajramler [renovating old homes in the Dallas area]; whoawaitwalmart [awesome things from...Walmart]; ustheduo [talented wife+husband duo makin' music]; debperelman [of the Smitten Kitchen creations]; snarkynurses [I realize this is specific to nurses who love snarky memes. *raises hand*]

six: Speaking of IG, I can't decide if Great Dame Judi Dench needs her own account. Thoughts?

seven: Thinking about my birthday this year and it's a mile-marker, THIRTY-FIVE. Schwhaaaaat. Weird. Now to choose a cake and a way to celebrate and all the details. Strongly considering making the [slightly] complicated momofuku milk bar birthday cake.

eight: Everyone's swiping left and right and I'm over here waiting for the next issue of Cottages & Bungalows.

nine: Going fall shopping for all things pumpkin today with a touch of halloweenie-ness. [Making up words left and right over here.]

ten: I finally painted the nook off my kitchen.
15041288056422017-09-06_08-46-59

Here's the tutorial I followed.  I used the colors from the rest of my house with a darker shade thrown in. If you're thinking about doing this little project, I'll say this: it's detailed and you need a lot of tape, four paint colors, and TIME. However, I love it and it makes me smile when I glance over and see my adorable little nook.



2 comments :

  1. I'm thinking of a separate account for Gwen as well. Then I won't feel guilty about only posting pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY. I can't post about Dame Judi every day without it getting weird. OR if I do post about her every day and then I post a non-Judi pic is that weird? she just needs her on account.

      Delete