February 27, 2014

Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese

I'm moving everything from the cooking closet [my other blog that has been inactive for over a year] over here to MN365. I'm decluttering. Hope it's not too annoying! (-:

---------------------------------------------------------

DSC_0054.JPG
I rarely crave meat, but when I get super-duper hungry I crave hot wings.

When I actually think about eating them, the craving is gone. It's one of those mind tricks I play on myself. "MMMmmmmmm hot wings sound amazing." I then spend 12 seconds thinking about hot wings, "EEEEeeeeewwwww bony chicken wings in my mouth."

Why hot wings? I HAVE NO IDEA. It's not like I ate hot wings very often in my former life. [Does the phrase "in my former life" make anyone else think of the club scene from Coming to America (1:12)?]

I blame the blue cheese for my hot wing cravings. I heart blue cheese.

OK, down to business, let's start with tofu. Extra firm, please.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
Drain it and crumble it with a fork, I do this in the box.
DSC_0054.JPG
Now is the time for patience, grasshopper. In a non-stick pan heat some oil and put your crumbled tofu in.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
Wait.
DSC_0054.JPG
Once the liquid from the tofu has evaporated and the tofu gets really brown you can dump the hot sauce on it and cook it some more.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
You're also going to be making a bit of blue cheese dressing.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
I like to substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream, a little mayo and blue cheese.
DSC_0054.JPG
The first time I ate these in a tortilla shell, sort of a taco, then I ate the left overs as a salad. Follow where your heart leads when it comes to eating this. Just remember, it's all about the hot sauce and the blue cheese.
<3>
DSC_0054.JPG
A little avocado and lettuce never hurt anyone either. 

Hot Tofu with Blue Cheese Dressing

Tofu
-One package of Extra Firm Tofu, drained and crumbled
-2 Tbsp Oil
Cook the tofu over medium-high heat until all the tofu has dried some and has browned on the edges. This will take about 20 minutes.

Hot Sauce
-1/4 cup Hot Sauce [Frank's is a good choice, if you're feeling choosy]
-2 Tbsp Butter, melted
-1 tsp Onion Powder
-1 tsp Garlic Powder
-1/2 tsp Salt
Combine throughly and pour over the cooked tofu. Continue cooking the tofu and hot sauce until it is bubbly and warm. Remove from heat.

Blue Cheese Dressing
-1/2 cup Sour Cream [or Greek yogurt]
-1/4 cup Mayonaise
-1 tsp Garlic Powder
-1-2 Tbsp White Vinegar
-1/2 cup Blue Cheese
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic powder in a bowl, add enough vinegar to thin the sauce slightly. Stir in the blue cheese. I think this tastes better if you make it first and let it sit while you prepare the tofu and hot sauce.
DSC_0054.JPG

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment