February 22, 2014

Brownie and Caramel Icing for One

I'm moving everything from the cooking closet [my other blog that has been inactive for over a year] over here to MN365. I'm decluttering. Hope it's not too annoying! (-:

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh sweet, glorious Sunday!

I woke up last Sunday morning inspired by this: Double Chocolate Brownies with Caramel Frosting

My first thought? I WANT THAT IN MY MOUTH! 
My second thought? NOW!
My third thought? I CANNOT MAKE AN ENTIRE PAN AND LIVE WITH TEMPTATION. 

The only solution? Make a single serving...and that's what I did.
DSC_0220.JPG

So I had a big, fat, fudgy, caramel icing covered brownie on Sunday. (-:
DSC_0220.JPG
Your basic brownie ingredients, from the cupboard.
DSC_0220.JPG
My mom found these little ceramic covered dishes at Sam's Club on clearance and I got a box of 8. She must have had a moment of reading my mind because I've been needing something to cook single portions in!

I really love that the whole thing is mixed and prepared and eaten in the same container.
DSC_0220.JPG
Making individual items that contain a portion of an egg is hard. Here's the deal though, take your egg, beat it and then split it in half. This came to about 1 1/2 tablespoons of beaten egg. The other half of the egg? Add it to your scrambled eggs later in the week. (-:
DSC_0220.JPG
Bake it: 350. 20 minutes. I didn't use the lid because it would be silly to bake a brownie with a lid.
DSC_0220.JPG
It'd be good like this...except I want more decadence. ICING!!
DSC_0220.JPG
I don't know if you can do this in a microwave [I don't have one], so I grabbed my smallest pot. Heat your butter, sugar and half of the milk until it comes to a boil--stirring constantly, hence no pictures. Let it boil for about a minute. Then remove from heat and add the vanilla [or wah-nilla], salt and powdered sugar, adjust the consistency with more milk until it's just the way you want it.
DSC_0220.JPG
My brownie sunk. It didn't affect the flavor though. I think it's because I didn't grease my dish, better bakers than me? Thoughts?
DSC_0220.JPG
Do you see that? Yeah, I savored some gooey, chocolate, caramel decadence while I ate ALL OF IT.

And I don't regret one calorie.

Brownie for One
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Egg
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp Flour
  • pinch of Salt
  • pinch of Baking Soda
  • 1 Tbsp Chocolate Chips [optional]
Melt the butter and stir in the sugar and cocoa powder, add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Then add the flour, salt, and baking soda until just combined. If you want some chocolate chips, stir them in!

Caramel Frosting
  • 1/2 Tbsp Butter
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Milk
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • pinch of Salt
  • 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
Prepare to stir constantly for a few minutes: in your saucepan heat your butter, sugar and 1 Tablespoon milk until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for one minute. Then remove from heat and add the vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar, adjust the consistency with more milk until it's just the way you want it.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment