November 24, 2013

iphonography

I LOVE my DSLR. The only thing is that it's big, it's bulky, and it's anything but subtle.

My phone on the other hand is the epitome of subtle and is always with me.

This has probably influenced my love for Instagram...I've had a few friends ask how and what I use to add words on my pictures, so here you go!

Things of note:
1. I take all my pictures with the regular-comes-on-the-phone camera.
2. I crop, edit, and apply a filter in AfterLight. I loooooove AfterLight, it's the best $0.99 app I have. Love love love LOVE! 
3. Then I save the picture to my camera roll.
4. I open the app I'm going to use next. Either one to create a collage [I currently use Pic Stitch, but I don't love it because I'd like to make the borders between pictures smaller. Any suggestions?] or one of my writing apps.
Untitled
I always save to camera rolls between steps because I'm anal rententive and I spend waaaaaay too long doing this. You don't need to judge me, I judge myself. (-:

The apps I use to write on pictures:

PicLab
Untitled
PicLab has a fairly simple interface, which is a large reason I'd recommend it. The only things I don't like about the free version actually is that the PicLab logo is watermarked in the lower right corner of your final product. I like that you can add frames within the picture [the circle, hexagon, etc. although I add these in AfterLight] and that you can have more than one font by clicking in the upper left corner to add different layers.
Untitled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typic
Untitled
The free version of Typic doesn't have much. I loaded it to my phone to try it out. It's very basic and there are only these seven fonts available. If given the choice between Typic and PicLab, I choose PicLab.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typic+
Untitled
Untitled
The plus version of Typic costs $0.99 [I got it free from Apps Gone Free] and has many improvements over the basic Typic. In the upgraded Typic, you can add frames, there are 35 fonts to choose from, you can layer 2 captions, and there are elements you can add! The interface isn't my favorite to use because you have to nudge and resize from the different menus rather than directly on the screen. I also always seem to be forgetting that you can use the up/down arrows to get to more information.
Untitled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over
Untitled
I probably like the results of Over the best of everything...except it's SO FREAKING DIFFICULT TO USE. This is an app that makes me want to punch a baby [but not really]. This app costs $1.99, but again, I got it for free when it was listed on Apps Gone Free. FREEBIES! Holla! I really like the fonts, the artwork, and the ability to edit a non-square picture in this app. HOWEVER, getting there? BLECH. I can barely tell you how to make it happen because I feel like I'm learning it over again every time. )-:
Untitled

What apps do you suggest? Do you like writing on pictures or do you think it's overkill?

xo

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment