October 31, 2013

Washington, DC

I spent 10 hours in the car driving to Our Nation's Capitol and it sucked. The drive, that is. Around dusk it began to rain, and it rained for the next 4-5 hours. Do you know what it's like to drive in the dark while it's raining? You can't see any road lines because of all the glare from the car lights. Then when you arrive into the big city, you can SEE NOTHING. Plus you have a proclivity for getting lost, so that happens too.
Untitled
It's a life skill for me: I get lost. I have to ask for help. I suck at asking for help. Therefore, the life skill I'm still learning is admitting I can't figure it out on my own and then asking for help. I make the stinky cheese face just typing that.
Untitled
So I called MegB who knows I get lost and giggles at me because she has a superpower when it comes to knowing where she's going.

Then I arrived and we cuddled. BFF cuddles for life.
Untitled
[the back porch of casa de Megan and friends]

They live right in the midst of the Capitol Building, but we didn't go see any of those touristy things. Because THEY WERE ALL CLOSED. So, we found other things to do. Things like eating, buying things, walking around, drinking coffee, laughing, and lounging at the naked spa.
Untitled
Untitled Untitled
On Saturday night, someone [MegB] convinced me to put in my contacts, slather my face in makeup, and go out after midnight. There was dancing and karaoke involved. Yeah, I don't know who I am either.
Untitled
It was fun even though 3am Amy wears grouchy pants. 

Then I came home and got back to business studying.
Could someone help me with that skill too? 

love you people. 

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment