May 7, 2013

banana cream pie

I made this pie for my grandparents:
Untitled
It's banana cream.

I hate banana cream pie...or so I thought. THEN my mom made this banana cream pie and I swooned.

LITERAL SWOONAGE. I mean I love food, so me swooning is not that far off base. I'd swoon for pie before I'd swoon for a man. That's my life.

I made these pies for a baby shower:
Untitled
apple, banana cream, cherry

shower.jpg
There's the future mama right there.

One of the girls--who shall remain nameless and not the one pictured above--claimed that this banana cream pie may have given her a Personal Lady Moment, except she used the o-word. I'm the one who called it a Personal Lady Moment, it's because I'm demure.

Is a Personal Lady Moment more intense than swooning?


Banana Pudding
Blend:
-1 large package Vanilla Instant Pudding
-2 C Milk
-1/2 C Sour Cream
-1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Then mix in:
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 small carton Whipped Topping

You'll also need:
-Sliced Bananas
-1/2 carton Whipped Topping (optional)
-1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
-2 Tbsp Sour Cream (optional)

The next part depends on how you feel about Banana Pudding. If you're a firm believer that VANILLA WAFERS MUST BE INVOLVED then line up your 'nilla wafer and a slice of banana on the bottom of a 9x13. If you're a non-banana pudding purist you can slice some bananas in the bottom of a pie crust and top it with the pudding. This is enough for two pies.

Most days I'm sit firmly in the whipped cream can only be made from beating the crap out of some heavy whipping cream, but today I went with the fake stuff from the frozen section. I like whipped topping blended with vanilla and sour cream as the topping to pretty-up that pie.
shower.jpg
If you want to make teeny-tiny mini pies, you need a mini-muffin tin.

Grab your refrigerated dough (because who is going to make hand-made dough for these?) and roll it until it's slightly thinner. Then cut circles and press into the muffin tin. Using a fork, poke the crust a few times and then bake according to the package directions. Keep an eye on these little gems, they'll take less time than an entire crust.

Once they've cooled, you're going to dice a banana (unless the bottom of your mini-muffin tin is large enough to have a whole slice) and then top with pudding mixture. I added a star of the whipped topping mixture because it's pretty.

Your friends (especially the ladies) will thank you.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment