July 7, 2012

They Live at the Lake

This summer we've been hearing tales of people seeing bald eagles at the lake. Did we believe them?

Yes, yes we did. Especially when the tales included detailed directions to the nest.
DSC_2124.jpg DSC_2124.jpg
HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!
The dark eagle is a baby, they don't get their white head until they are approximately 5 years old. The parents [Betsy and Jefferson] have white heads as seen below.
DSC_2124.jpg
We went out for a few hours on the 4th of July [fitting, no?] to stalk these guys.

I loved seeing the eagles, but my favorite was the blue heron.
DSC_2124.jpg
DSC_2124.jpg
DSC_2124.jpg
DSC_2124.jpg
DSC_2124.jpg

Now, could we all give me a lesson on using the other two-thirds of the frame and breaking my obsession with the right third? Pleaseandthankyou.

footer.jpg

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment