July 31, 2012

texts

It's getting close...time to give up the phone. OK, I'm not giving up my phone. I'm quitting everything on the phone besides actual calls.
FOR.
A.
WHOLE.
MONTH.

Sometimes I waste hours-HOURS-a day on my phone. Pinterest? Facebook? Texting? Instagram? [I just realized a month without Instagram. Nooooooooooo! Why must I put myself through this self-inflicted torture??]

I'm both looking forward and dreading this.

When I'm living life without texting I'll have to have conversations like these on g-chat or facebook. This could be difficult since I don't even have internets at my house.
Untitled Untitled
  • My brother thinks the Goodyear blimp actually flew overhead while he was playing golf because he was playing. [Kidding. It was a random occurrence.]
  • My friends are looking out for me, you can too. I love gingers.

Untitled Untitled
  • I should show you a picture of the dress I made. I really do look like I should be in Little House on the Prairie. Note to self: do not make clothing. Also, my friends are now texting me pictures of their manicures. I love this. 
  • There's a song where the first line is "socially awkard amy." It was composed for me. If the un-named, random Manchester person is reading this: I'm sorry for not remembering you and being awkward. 
Untitled Untitled
  • I really never wear pants when I'm at home. I'd like to say it's because my AC isn't on, but it's mostly because I don't want to wear pants. Saturdays are also difficult days for me to be social when I'm pooped. Massage sometimes makes me pooped. 
  • The final is my FAVORITE. I giggle every time I read it. Cougars. rwar.

Are you addicted to your phone? If you're not, do yo have advice on how can I cut back a bit? Or is my addiction perfectly acceptable? *fingers crossed* pleasesayyes. 


footer.jpg

4 comments :

  1. I don't think texting is a problem. It's an easy way to communicate when you just don't want to talk on the phone, or you are in a situation where it would be considered rude to talk on the phone but need to get into contact with someone. It's also one of the ways you and I communicate and I would miss random texts from you :( Maybe you can only do social networking things on your computer? That's what I'm trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie,
      it will be OK. we can still gchat and fb chat when i'm on a computer. and we can TALK on the phone. hearing voices is good too! (-: I think I need to do the full challenge...but we will see.
      love you!

      Delete
  2. boo on this challenge. but I understand it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know...no one likes this one.

      4 weeks isn't really that long though. (-:

      Delete