July 6, 2012

my first 5K

In one of my more intelligent moves, I decided to run my first 5K on a day that I was also traveling from Kansas to Indiana. I'm so hardcore.
DSC_1834.JPG
oops, wrong height
DSC_1834.JPG
DSC_1834.JPG
Or the race filled up for the Saturday time in less than 24-hours, so I had to register for Sunday.

You can choose: amy=hardcore vs amy=missed registration. Tough call.
Untitled
I ran The Color Run in Kansas City! YAY! According to the announcer at the start line, this was the biggest Color Run thus far with over 30,000 people participating over two days!
THIRTY-THOUSAND. That's a lot of people.
DSC_1834.JPG
I ran with my Fave SIL Abby and her [and now my because I've decided running makes us friends] friend Andi.
Untitled
Before, we were a small part of the white-clad crowd. I took my iPhone and wrapped it in saran wrap so it wouldn't get too globbed up with the colors. The fuzzy part is some of the saran wrap over the leas. Why, yes, I thought it was necessary to take pictures while running.
Untitled
Untitled
During we worked our way through yellow, orange [THE ORANGE PEOPLE WERE THE BEST!!], blue and pink before sweating our way to the finish.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
After we threw more color on each other. See the big pink blob on Abby's neck? It went all up in her hair too. Yeah, that's not coming off. Muhahahaha.
DSC_1834.JPG

Maggie was there!
Untitled
She volunteered and was registering people the day of the race. If you miss the sign-up [these races fill up quickly] consider volunteering to throw color!

I'm so happy I did this! The Color Run encourages people of all fitness levels to participate in an un-timed 5K, so I have no idea what our time was. I loved that there were walkers, runners, strollers, and all kinds of people participating. I'm proud of myself for running the whole thing! If there's one in your area you should do it!
DSC_1834.JPG
For the record Andi jumped early, her vertical is higher than two inches. (-:

Next up 10K and the half-marathon. I don't even want to think about running more than 3 miles in a row, but heeeere we goooo!

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment