July 21, 2012

500 seems like a lot

Oh my-lanta.
This is my 500th post. Does that seem high to anyone else? I had enough to share 500 times?
WEIRD.
INTERESTING. [I hope. I try.]
CAT-FILLED.

I've now been blogging since June 3, 2009. WHAT THE WHAT?!?! Freals [still trying to make it happen, people], it doesn't feel like that at all. I've mentioned how much I love keeping this online journal and sharing my life with all you internet friends. In many ways, when I've felt lonely and been in transition YOU have been my people. I appreciate your kind words, calls, comments, suggestions, participation, texts, facebook messages, and encouragement more than I can even say.

Some of you have been around since waaaay before 2009, some around the same time this started, some of you I've picked up along the way, some have come and gone, some are random visitors, some of you lurk anonymously, and I'm sure for one or two of you this is your first time.
I LOVE YOU ALL. 
It's not even effort-filled love; it's easy fill-my-heart-with-sunshine love.

In honor of my 500th post I decided to show you 10 of my favorite posts in completely random order. There's also a little something special for you to try to win if you like snail mail. (-:

---------------------------------------------------------------

January 10, 2012 One Time I Did Something Not Smart
DSC_0861
February 3, 2010 Confession
July 7, 2011 Lemon Lush
DSC_0562.jpg
September 13, 2009 This message brought to you by Hank
April 6, 2011 Product Testing: the Diva Cup
DivaCup
August 5, 2011 Smitten
DSC_0350.jpg
February 23, 2010 Day Six: Hawaii
[let's be real...all of Hawaii was my favorite. (-:]
July 3, 2011 A New Pace
DSC_1118.jpg
October 15, 2010 The Birds
DSC_0199.JPG
February 10, 2012 A Moment of Pride
Untitled
---------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the goods: I have a box of sunshine and happiness for someone.
Untitled
It's on the girly side [sorry boys, but maybe there's a lady-friend in your life who would like it?]. 
Untitled
Untitled
Also, to the winner, I will be using your nail colors next week. (-:
Untitled

Leave me a comment telling me what you like hearing/reading about. 
(-: 
Deadline: Next Sunday, July 29th
[We don't have to be BFF for you to enter. It's ok. Even though I'm socially awkward, I like new friends. You can do it.]



footer.jpg

35 comments :

  1. I don't have a favorite...I'm just a nosy lurker. But, I liked the term "freals" and have tried using it. It's staying in my vocab, so my favorite is anything with freals in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank is my fav and your HP countdowns. Those are fun. Pick me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all up to the random.org/magic 8 ball, but I still <3 you!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Megan. Hank posts are the best. It's like getting to hang out with him but without all the fur. And I know from living with him that he sheds a lot. That bee hat is still cruel. But I love you and so does Hank despite the hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. life with Hank hair is cruel..sometimes I need my revenge. methinks this is what sets me apart from crazy cat ladies.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... there are so many good ones... I like...
    etsy posts
    crafty/baking posts
    self-empowerment (I think you called it something else) day

    but my all time favorite ones are about your journey and the stuff that deepens your understanding or belief in your self!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you, friend! I'll bring etsy back someday for you! (-:

      Delete
  5. I love reading about your crafting experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Tonja! I haven't been feeling too crafty lately, but I'll catch the bug again soon! (-:

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'm a big time lurker...but I love when my blogger dashboard tells me there's a new nonsense post up! Photos are my fave - and just your general attitude (blogitude?) of life being a big bag o' fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dana! LIFE IS A BIG BAG O' FUN for the most part if you look for the good parts. not to say that there aren't crappy, I-have-nothing-positive-to-say moments, but today, July 26 at 8:24pm I can see mostly FUN!!

      Delete
  7. I love your pictures :) Especially of the food, mmmmm. In general, I am often reminded of a Martha who went to computer camp instead of prison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just laughed out loud. I LOVE THAT DESCRIPTION. and I may steal it.

      Delete
  8. I love snail mail! My fave of these posts was "smitten." ♥ Miss you so much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMY HOFFMAN YOU RULE MY WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy seeing what your up to, new crafts, photos of your journey through life. I know something new can be there for me to read or something that updates me on your life walk whether it's crafts, family, travel or goals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when you talk about embarrassing things that have happened to you. Do you even write about that? If you don't, you should :) I love you!!
    (this is Erin McCourt if you can't tell)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. embarrassing things don't happen to me. I am impervious to embarrassment.


      BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

      Delete
  12. I like being able to feel like I'm connected to you even though I can't lay on your bed. Cause I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm, let's lay in bed and talk for hours. xoxo

      Delete
  13. I like when you talk about the crazy.....your crazy, other peoples crazy, hanks crazy. It makes the rest of us not feel as crazy as we think. Oh and the crafts are all my hopes and dreams of projects that I will have very good intentions of doing but only a few will become. So it's nice to have someone else do it. oh Polly says hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crazy?
      I know not of what you speak. (-:

      YOU MADE THE EARRING DISPLAY THING! I saw it.

      HI, Polly you are cute and I want to steal you.

      Delete
  14. Any folly with super glue is always fun to read about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at me! I'm saying things! And I read stuff!

    Peter was two rooms away and wondering what was so funny. I was L(ing)OL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, who are you? have you been here before?

      you crack me up. xoxo

      Delete
  16. Amy, I like reading about when you are brave about something... cooking, coffee, hank, style, relationships. I like it when you are brave. (and I haven't even seen that movie yet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I don't feel brave very often. I have lots to say on fear and not so much on bravery. However, I'm trying.

      I want to see that movie too!

      xoxo

      Delete
  17. I love reading pretty much anything you write....mostly because I love you and I can hear you saying it in my brain. :) I really appreciate how real you are. I often think "SERIOUSLY" when I read your blog....granted, the punctuation could be a ! or a ?, but no matter what it is, it means you're awesome. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously!?!?

      I feel your love.
      Do you feel mine?

      xoxo

      Delete