July 7, 2011

Lemon Lush

This is a summer classic in my house.
DSC_0562.jpg
It's also my younger brother's favorite dessert. Last Christmas as I was preparing the list of cookies and candies to make I asked everyone for requests. This is what Matt requested. I didn't make it. Does that make me a bad sister?
DSC_0562.jpg
Here we go...layer numero uno:
DSC_0562.jpg
Butter.
DSC_0562.jpg
Flour.
DSC_0562.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg
Shmushed together.
DSC_0562.jpg
Smashed in a 9x13. At this point I realized that the quantity called for in the original recipe was not adequate for a 9x13 crust, so I adjusted it for you. (-:

Layer dos:
DSC_0562.jpg
Whipped cream. Cream cheese [I think the world is better because cream cheese exists.] Powdered sugar.
DSC_0562.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg
Beat it just like Michael Jackson.
DSC_0562.jpg

Layer number three:
DSC_0562.jpg
Puddin'.
Did anyone ever read Puddi'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain? I think I was supposed to in high school, but I'm pretty sure I didn't and I just chose quotes from throughout the book and read bits and pieces. Ironically I was in honors english. Just smart enough to be dangerous.
DSC_0562.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg
And this is where I stopped this time. I actually used a slightly smaller pan so my layers were a bit thick, not leaving me enough room for the final cool whip layer. Oops. 
DSC_0562.jpg

Instead I put a pretty swirl of cool whip on each piece as we cut them. 
DSC_0562.jpg
Some people put their own cool whip on though.

Lemon Lush
Layer 1:
-1 1/2 cups Flour
-1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) Butter, softened
-3/4 cup chopped Pecans (optional)
Smash and smush it together and put in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.

Layer 2:
-1 (8 oz) bar Cream Cheese
-1 cup Powdered Sugar
-1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
Beat together until combined and spread on the first layer.

Layer 3:
-2 small boxes instant Lemon Pudding (You can make this with all kinds of pudding flavors!)
-3 cups Milk
Combine until pudding is thick. Spread as the next layer.

Layer 4:
-1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
Spread on top.

Eat it! This will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. I usually make it a day or two in advance. 

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment